We hope you enjoyed being a member of Colchester Phoenix this year. We are sure you are aware, the club nearly closed this year and it has taken a lot of hard work to save it. We are working equally hard now on get it to run in line with ASA guidelines. We would love your help with this so, if you or anyone you know are interested in helping the club, please let us know.
We have tried very hard to ensure swimming carries on regardless; and, Julie and her team have done a great job with this. It’s fantastic to hear about all our swimmers’ achievements and we hope you are as proud of your own personal triumphs as we are. Many of your achievements can be found on our new website at www.phoenixswim.club, but we would love to share some of them with you here, in no particular order: –
- Ellie Challis has been invited on to the England Para Talent Program following some fantastic swims, achieving Junior East Region records.
- Mark Holmes has won Colchester Sports Personality of The Year following his fantastic record-breaking success at the World Championships in Florence.
- Amelia Edgar and Chloe Blackwell have worked really hard this year to achieve their Level Two Teaching qualification.
- Katie Yallop has won the National ASA Achievement Disabled Participant Gold Award at a presentation she attended in Birmingham this November.
- Madison Young won School Volunteer of The Year, during her Duke of Edinburgh award program, while helping Katie achieve her goals.
And, our greatest achievement is that everyone at Colchester Phoenix has not only saved the club but are achieving successes at all levels – From achieving first 5m swims right through to European records!
We, the Committee, the teaching and coaching teams, volunteers and helpers, wish you a very happy Christmas and a swimmingly good New Year. See you soon.
From Colchester Phoenix ASC
Following guidance from the ASA, we have been advised to change our membership process. This means that all swimmers and volunteers will be members of the ASA and registered with them for 2017.
Your ASA membership fee will be paid by Colchester Phoenix ASC this year.
In line with ASA guidelines swimmers, parents and volunteers, as well as the teaching and coaching teams, need to sign the enclosed code of conduct and complete a membership form to become members of the club.
These must be completed, signed and return to the front desk by Saturday the 10th of December together with the £50 membership fee per swimmer.
Alternatively, all your forms and a cheque
can be posted to the Membership Secretary: –
Colchester Phoenix ASC
18 Twining Road
If you have any questions regarding the new membership process or anything else please feel free to contact any member of your committee, whose email addresses can be found on the new website – www.phoenixswim.club.
Colchester Phoenix is run by volunteers and we are always looking for help to run the club and come up with new ideas; we need help with lots of things from occasionally cleaning trophies for half an hour to committing to a regular few hours a week collecting money; as well as loads of other jobs in-between such as fund raising.
If you want your club to thrive, and feel able to help in any way, please can you speak to the Colchester Phoenix desk or email any member of the committee.